Blog Archive

WEDDING SONGS LIST

"Wouldn't It Be Nice" is a great idea. Friends of mine used that as their recessional song. Another friend used "I'm Into Something Good" by Herman's Hermits. The chorus ("Somethin' tells me I'm into something good") is sweet and appropriate for a couple starting their life together. Speaking of the Beach Boys, "God Only Knows" could work. (Though it might be better for a processional.)

"You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates should be everyone's wedding recessional song. At the very least, it should be played during the reception when the bride and groom enter. (OST of 500 days of summer)

R&B or Motown classics are always a good choice. Here are a few ideas:

-- Stevie Wonder's "I Believe," "As," or "You Are the Sunshine of My Life"

-- "Crazy In Love," Beyonce & Jay-Z



-- Barry White's "You're the First, the Last, My Everything"

-- Dionne Warwick, "I Say a Little Prayer"

-- Temptations, "My Girl"

-- Jackie Deshannon, "What the World Needs Now..."

-- "Put a Little Love In Your Heart" (the version from Scrooged by Annie Lennox and Al Green)

"Judy Blue Eyes" by Crosby, Stills, Nash is a pretty song that I always thought would be nice to play at a wedding. (Have the DJ start it towards the end when all the "Do do do do do do"'s come in.) "Our House," also by CSNY, could definitely work. (Fun fact: Graham Nash based the song on his relationship with Joni Mitchell.)

Frankie Valli's "December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)" is a great song that everybody loves and also appropriate for your big night.